ASL’s settlement solution for the wholesale debt market
A central securities depository for Australian dollar debt securities, providing a single, integrated service for registration, issue, lodgement, settlement, coupon distribution and redemption.
Austraclear combines best practice settlement and technological excellence to deliver a wide range of market-leading depository, registration, cash transfer and settlement services for debt instrument securities. The breadth of cash and wholesale physical debt settlement capabilities offered makes Austraclear an integral part of Australia’s financial markets and a major financial markets service provider to the Asia-Pacific region.
Austraclear currently services more than 1,000 participants, holds more than A$2.6 trillion worth of securities, and via a real-time link to the Reserve Bank of Australia’s RTGS system, settles on average more than A$100 billion of transactions per day.
Austraclear is a licensed clearing and settlement facility under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) regulated by ASIC and subject to the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Financial Stability Standards
There are several features on offer with ASL’s Austraclear solution:
- Support for straight-through-processing (STP)
- Pre-funding of amounts at the time of performing the transaction
- Daily Austraclear message lists with their status
- Daily Reporting (ASL Direct)
The key benefits of ASL’s Austraclear solution are:
- Creates efficiencies within your Treasury function
- Real-time access to your settlement account balances in ASL’s ESA account with the RBA
- Exceptional value for money
We consider our Customer’s as Members of ASL. As a Member, you also benefit from:
- Dedicated Account Management with access to a range of product, technical and operational resources. 24/7 monitoring and business continuity management.
- Best-in-class payment products to support your business with ongoing thought leadership and planning to ensure future products are available when your Customers need them.
- Payment experts available for consultation on your business and will represent your needs with key Suppliers, and industry regulators, associations.
- Member and Product onboarding are supported by a dedicated Implementation (Project Manager) so Members are supported at any point of these changes.
ASL have operated for over 20 years supporting Australian organisations and were the first non-bank to hold an Exchange Settlement Account (ESA). We are an approved deposit taking institution (ADI) and supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).