ASL’s real-time, gross settlement solution
RTGS gives Members the ability to transfer money from one bank to another bank using ASL’s (or the paying bank’s) Exchange Settlement Account with the RBA.
- Access to domestic leg of international payments
- High value intraday settlements
Our RTGS offering allows you to create and receive payments within our ASL Direct system, with the option of payment initiation and receipt within ASL Direct, or by provision of Straight Through Processing (STP). The latter allows you to manage and process payments within your own systems.
The ASL Direct self-service offering is a web-based application which executes events based on the status of each transaction.
RTGS, allows the settlement of transactions to takes place in real time, out of credit funds held in ESAs. It is also the system used in Australia by banks for the domestic settlement of inward international funds transfers. By having access to the RTGS system this will allow for receiving all high value and domestic leg of international payments.
RTGS was introduced to reduce the settlement risk associated with deferred high-value interbank payments, and to improve the overall efficiency of Australia’s financial system.
The are a few features:
- ASL Exchange settlement account allows our members to participate in RTGS.
- ASL offers a secure high value portal through ASL Direct.
- The ability to originate RTGS (SWIFT) payments as well as provide comprehensive details of balances and history of RTGS through ASL Direct.
The key benefits of ASL’s RTGS solution are:
- Real-time access to your settlement account balances in ASL’s ESA account.
- Ability to originate RTGS payments on-line by combing with ASL Secure High value Portal (ASL Direct).
We consider our Customer’s as Members of ASL. As a Member, you also benefit from:
- Dedicated Account Management with access to a range of product, technical and operational resources. 24/7 monitoring and business continuity management.
- Best-in-class payment products to support your business with ongoing thought leadership and planning to ensure future products are available when your Customers need them.
- Payment experts available for consultation on your business and will represent your needs with key Suppliers, and industry regulators, associations.
- Member and Product onboarding are supported by a dedicated Implementation (Project Manager) so Members are supported at any point of these changes.
ASL have operated for over 20 years supporting Australian organisations and were the first non-bank to hold an Exchange Settlement Account (ESA). We are an approved deposit taking institution (ADI) and supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).